Thursday, July 15, 2010

'Back In The Day'

Even in the year 2010, black and white pictures are worth a million worlds and can be so powerful. These days we almost abuse color in the sense that, we go ALL OUT on what matches what, and crazy colored designs on the runways, however there is something very special about black and white film. It tells such a story and invokes such nostalgia. I always find that when I am rummaging through my parents old photos the black and white shots of them as children makes me stop and think of how different the wolrd was back then. Dont get me wrong, without color we would be nowhere but there is still a strong and bold statement that can be made through a photo that was taken in black and white film. Even in this editorial piece we can see some form of color shining through with their outrageous hair do's and vibrant dresses.

No comments:

Post a Comment